Thursday, March 30, 2017

#tarotthursdaythree: Descriptions, stalkers, and no shows.

As always, #tarotthursdaythree is hosted by the lovely Julia of Spiral Sea Tarot.

1. How would you refer to yourself as it relates to your practice? For example, I am a..."tarot reader", "witch", "intuitive", "tarot practitioner", "mystic" etc.?

"Intuitive tarot reader" has been the term that I've been using for a while now. I'm not a psychic or a medium, and I always want to make that clear to people from the start. I do read the cards in a more flowing way than the traditional systems, and sometimes I say things in a reading that while they aren't in the "meaning" of the cards, they fit for the seeker. I have been starting to get more comfortable with using the terms "witch" and "Jewitch" (Jewish witch) to describe more of my newish magical and spiritual practice, which tarot is a big part of. The main purpose of using labels is to find people that are similar in thought and practice to myself. I have found a lot of really amazing people through calling myself a tarot reader and witch, and hopefully I will meet more.

2. Stalker alert! What is one card that keeps making itself known to you, either presently or in the past? Why do you think it keeps showing up?

Four of Cups is my ultimate stalker card. It's the one that I pull so much, and in so many different decks, that I feel like it's following me. I did look through my past year of Instagram tarot posts, and I found that The Hanged Man also pops up a lot for me, which is the polar opposite to the Four of Cups in a lot of ways. The Four of Cups shows up when I'm stressed or depressed, which makes a lot of sense, since it's meaning of apathy and letting yourself drift have been the two that stand out to me. The Hanged Man, on the other hand, is all about taking time out and finding wisdom in the space that you make. It's also about martyrdom and being self sacrificing when you don't need to be, another two emotional habits that I have.

3. On the contrary, what is a card that you rarely pull for yourself in a reading? What do you think its absence is suggesting?

Fives in general don't show up in personal readings. The suits or the Hierophant all seem to hide from me. The Hierophant is odd, considering how strongly I value my family and Jewish tradition. I love tradition, even when I disagree with parts of it, or work to change it. For the rest of the fives, they are mostly about disruption and things being forced into new patterns. I think they don't show up because the changes in my life lately have been really major, causing me to retreat (hens all the fours showing up all over the place), and crave that structure again. I don't really need that push to make changes, since I am in a place in my life where changes are happening faster than I can keep up with them.

That's a wrap for this week! Make sure to check out all the other #tarotthursdaythree bloggers:
Spiral Sea Tarot
Tarot by Ania
The Feel Good Business
Exporingly Yours
Unearthing the Gift
First Earth Tarot

2 comments:

  1. Now that you mention it, the 5's for me also rarely show up. The 5 of Pentacles (thankfully) tends to hide away probably as much as the 5 of Swords which I first identified. Very interesting...watch them all start to show up now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the cards that hide are more telling than the cards that always show up!

      Delete