Thursday, April 6, 2017

#tarotthursdaythree: Questions, certifications, and biggest strengths.

The sun is shinning, I have my coffee, and it's time for another #tarotthursdaythree from Spiral Sea Tarot. These weeks have gone by so quickly for me, but I can honestly say that Thursdays are becoming my favorite day of the week.

1. What is your favorite type of inquiry to address for others? i.e. relationship, self development, life path/purpose etc.
My favorite types of readings are life path related. I love it when people come to me with questions about what they should do next in their job, education, or other big decision. In no way do I feel like I push people to make one decision or another, but I do love giving people a bird's eye view of what is going on. I feel like this is the magic of tarot. It is able to give you options that you might not have considered before. I also feel that these are some of the most helpful readings for people. They come to the cards with a real vision in their mind, instead of just a "general reading". My second favorite type of reading are love and relationship readings, although these are more fun when it's two friends as opposed to two lovers. I find there's a whole different energy when you're reading for two or more people and who they interact. It's also really fun to do these at parties, because people are enjoying themselves and the company of their friends.

2. Tarot certification - is this necessary? Would you pursue it (or have you) and overall thoughts on the matter?
All that is necessary to read tarot is a deck of cards and a willingness to learn. I am a self taught tarot reader. My teachers have been books, my cards, and the readings that I've done for myself and others. I've gotten inspiration from bloggers, Youtubers, and tarot readers on Instagram. This is the path that I've found the most enjoyable and flexible, but I also know that it's not for everyone. Even with being self taught, I would love to take some master classes with readers that I admire. Last year, I was really, really tempted by Ethony's Tarot Summer School. The classes looked amazing, but I wasn't in a financial place where I could enroll. (Maybe this year?) As for a certification, I'm still on the fence. I would hope that any class would make me a better tarot reader, but I don't feel the need to have a piece of paper that proves to the world how good I am. My thoughts on this may change, and maybe one day a certification will be in my future.

3. Self-appreciation time! What, in your opinion, is your greatest strength as a reader?
Flexability and the ability to spin a good yarn are my two biggest strengths. As a tarot nerd, I love the history and different ways of reading tarot, and I feel like this makes me a flexible reader. I don't follow any particular school of reading tarot, instead blending them all together based on my intuition and what the cards are telling me. I use my knowledge of numerology, mythology, psychology, and pop culture when I read, and they all blend together into a cohesive story for the spread. I view every reading as it's own story, with each card adding a chapter that connects in a huge web. Weaving a story that connects everything and relates to the client comes naturally to me, and I think it makes tarot more approachable. My flexibility also relates to the system of cards I read. I love to pull in oracle cards and mix Lenormand with tarot, because all the systems add a unique voice and flair. Sometimes a reading won't come together until I pull an oracle card and get a deeper understanding of what pulls the cards together.

That's a wrap for this week! Make sure to check out all the other #tarotthursdaythree bloggers I've found so far, and feel free to join in the fun this week as well!
Spiral Sea Tarot
Tarot by Ania
The Feel Good Business
Exporingly Yours
Unearthing the Gift
First Earth Tarot

If you would like to book a reading with me, you can find my current offerings on my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment