Friday, February 7, 2020

January

 
So, January has been a month. I was going to just ignore it, and maybe make a post saying that I failed at #yearofthehedgewitch. However, when I was looking over at the topics in the book, I realized that I hadn't failed as much as I thought I had in the month. You see, January is all about making connections and connecting with people on your path. And in that respect, I definitely succeeded.


I turned 30 years old this month, and I had so many people from family and friends celebrating this milestone with me. I had brunch with my family, I went out to dinner with friends, and my best friends in the whole world stayed with my for four amazing days. I got to hold two beautiful birds at the renaissance faire and connect with the vendors there. I also started attending my first in person class at my college and have been connecting with my classmates both online and real life. All through the month, I was surrounded by people who impact my life in so many ways.




Understandingly as a massive introvert, it was also an emotionally exhausting month. I realized that I need to make stronger boundaries, both energetically and physically. Protecting my space and emotional health needs to be a priority moving forward so that I don't end up burning myself out. With that in mind, I'd like to share the protection ritual that I did before and after my friends stayed with me. It does use incense, so make sure your house mates and guests aren't sensitive to smells.

Quick & Dirty House Protections

Light incense (I love dragon's blood) at your altar or center place in your home such as the kitchen or bedroom.
Center yourself (invoke a deity, ancestors, or allies if you wish) and pick up the incense.
Slowly move through the house and let the smoke touch all the thresholds in the house - windows, doors, mirrors, and scrying tools, ending at the front door.
Stand at the front door and clap your hands three times and say (with authority!) "My magic/power/energy protects this place and everyone in it. Let no ill intent cross this threshold".
Repeat at each threshold.
For a more involved ritual - add more laps, or repeat with something for each element. Some ideas: Black salt or regular salt for earth, rain water, Florida water, or other blessed water for water, a candle or ashes for fire, feathers for air.

I hope everyone had a great January!

No comments:

Post a Comment